work is continuing on dsmcu. here’s what is in the new version so far:
- now requires dldi patching.
- the entire application is fully skinnable using
text files (maybe xml)csv text files and png graphics. *DONE*
- skinning extends to the midi commands (midi data sent or monitored for feedback) supported – this should allow the device to be used as a generic midi controller. there will be a number of basic control types available.
- support for multiple layouts, selectable from L/R triggers. *DONE* (memory limits on how many backgrounds can be loaded, though)
- layouts supported will include: standard mcu control, simplified/expanded mcu control (e.g. big transport), generic MIDI kaoss style touch pad or multi-kaoss (any number of pad zones on the same page), MIDI keyboard interface, MIDI drum pad interface, generic vsti synth control (faders for cutoff, resonance, etc), and combination of those elements…(MIDI and mcu controls possibly won’t be usable at the same time due to host limitations)
no estimate on when it’ll be ready – i’m going to be moving house soon so that might slow me down a bit. but what’s there is working really well so far.
if anyone has gotten the beta working under leopard, can they let me know? cheers.
2 thoughts on “dsmcu – quick update for end of june”
working on leopard
midi keyboard interface, midi drum pad interface, generic vsti synth control (faders for cutoff, resonance, etc), and combination of those elements…
it will be perfect please please please
this will exactly the application 0xtob and I had planned for the last 1,5 years but which was never realized because there’s only so much you can do in your spare time. great to see that this idea will see the light.
Comments are closed.